Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Dog Friendly Cake and Ice Cream!!

My pups first birthday is rapidly approaching and I have decided to make Pupcakes and Ice Cream- doggie friendly birthday treats!! I know this might sound strange to some but my fur kids are like children to me. The birthday boy attends doggie daycare at Playful Pups and has attended more birthday parties in the few moths he has been going there than I have had in my entire life. I'm not going to say how many years that is, but I've been around for a few decades! 


The recipes are safe for dogs, but remember- everything in moderation. I recommend making mini pupcakes instead of the traditional size cupcakes. I found the recipe here but there are a lot of recipes for dog friendly treats here. The ice cream recipe (which is more of a frozen yogurt) can be found here. They recommend using an ice mold but I am going to put mine in 4oz plastic cups with lids (like these). I will share pictures from the party on Monday December 17th so stay tuned!!


Pupcakes:

Ingredients:
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes. 

Cinnamon Frosting:
12 ounces nonfat cream cheese (room temperature)
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp honey

Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly.


Peanut Honey Frozen Yogurt:

32 oz. plain yogurt
1 mashed banana
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
2 Tablespoons honey

Mix all ingredients in a blender, pour into mold and freeze.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment